High-Potential Leadership Development
A global talent review of the senior executive team identified a low level of confidence in successors for senior roles within the organisation. The President of the organisation requested a Leadership Development program to enhance the leadership capabilities of future leaders.
- Designed an 18-month development program, based on work from John Kotter of Harvard Business School and Jo Owen’s book, How to Lead, to develop key leadership skills. Sessions included Leading Organisational Change, Emotional Intelligence of Leaders, Influential Leadership and Accountability
- Facilitated a high-potential identification session with the organisation’s senior management team
- Selected 17 individuals from across the organisation to participate in the 18 month program
- Sessions were supported by quarterly key-note sessions from internal and external leadership experiences, including a retired Navy Seal, and a retired CEO of a multinational telecommunications company
- Ten of the 17 participants were promoted into roles of higher responsibility, or moved to a role in another department during the course of the program.
- From the selection/identification process, several high-performing yet low values individuals were identified